Úvod »» GT40 Uncovered
|Rozměry v mm:||420 x 420|
This book already stands out because of its giant format of 42 x 42 cm.
The Ford GT40 is revered worldwide as one of the greatest-ever sports racing cars, taking Ford to the most coveted prize in endurance racing - overall victory at the Le Mans 24 Hours - for four consecutive years, from 1966 to 1969.
This unique book tells the engineering story of the GT40 by showcasing a collection of the original technical drawings for the car, providing a visual feast for GT40 and motorsport enthusiasts, engineering aficionados and those who appreciate technical drawing as an art form.
The many different styles of drawing presented reflect the companies and draughtsmen involved in their origination and provide fascinating, previously unpublished insight into the story behind a car that has become a motorsport legend.
- Lavish production and large page format to display the drawings in all their glory.
- Over 180 original GT40 technical drawings, plus numerous additional supporting drawings, illustrations, graphics and period photographs.
- Technical drawings featuring the chassis components, engine, transmission, body and interior, suspension, brakes and steering.
- Explanatory text and captions to put each of the drawings into context.
- Details of the main companies and personalities behind the GT40 engineering story.
- Superb colour cutaway illustrations of various evolutions of the GT40 and chassis structure.
- Produced with the support of the Ford Archives.